How to Obtain a Work Permit


    Student Services Office 
    134 Yardley Avenue 
    Fallsington, PA 19054 
    Hours: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 3:45 PM

    Click here to access the Work Permit Application.

    The Pennsbury School District will issue Transferable Work Permits to minors: 

    • Between the ages of 14 and 17 years old only
    • Living in the Pennsbury School District
    • Who are employed in Pennsylvania 

    Listed below are the procedures to be followed in obtaining Transferable Work Permits. 

    1. Parent or Guardian must:
      • Complete the application for work permit 
      • The parent/guardian does not need to be present, but does need to sign the form. 
    2. Students must: 
      • Show proof of age (birth certificate, passport, driver's license)
      • Sign the Transferable Work Permit in the presence of a school representative in the Student Services Office after completion of the Application for Work Permit. 
    3. Student Services Office must: 
      • Observe signature of applicant and verify completion of the Application for Work Permit.
      • Issue the Transferable Work Permit and give to student. 

    Legally, it is necessary for this entire process to be completed before the minor may begin their employment. 

    Note to homebound students: You will not be permitted to work during school hours, per the Pennsbury School District Approved Policies and Procedures - Index #5622R1